Wednesday, February 16, 2011

NEW ADVENTURES!

Well goodness, quite the whirlwind of things happening lately. So the ice finally melted hahaha....being locked in the house for four days is pure exhaustion....seriously. So lets just get to it.....; I'm exhausted, but I've commited to keeping up this this blog so by gosh, I'm going to do it.

 So last week on Tuesday I flew out to  Indy to interview for a position as the South Central Area Trainer. Essentially the role entails working with new reps when they first come out in the field. In addition the Area Trainer continues training and development with these rep throughout their first year. I was very nervous to apply, the job involves A LOT of travel, but Bryan encouraged me and said it would help me to grow and develop and quit frankley I would have become very bored in my current role. SO with that I gave it my all and was offered the position! YAY !!! I got a call last Friday at the end of the day with my offer and was flown out to the management meeting first thing Monday morning. (I'm currently still here) I am honeslty loving it and having a blast! It will be a lot of hard work and travel, but again, I know it was the right choice. So greatful for a supporting husband!

Second part of the exciting news....Back in December I applied for a volunteer opportunity Lilly was giving its employees. It involves going to a foreign country and living their culture for two weeks. "Through your program service, you will gain a deeper understanding of how education, economic opportunity and access to health care all play a role in improving outcomes for people who live in underserved communities around the globe." So incredibly exciting! I'm nervous becuase it is something I've NEVER done before and because I will be away from Bryan for two weeks in a row. However, I think it will be a once in a lifetime experience. My assignment is Brazil!

So there ya go! My head is spinning... =-) Looking forward to this weekend with the in-laws! Going to the PBR....

Cheers!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Congrats!! We are so happy for you and so proud of you!!