Friday, May 6, 2011

Salvador, ready or not, here I come!


I've read books, I've made a packing list, I've checked it not twice but like 40 times, I've made a photo book
 of my family and friends to bring, I've done as much as I think I can to prepare.

For some reason I fee exhausted right now. I think it's all the emotions stirring up in me. Flying isn't my favorite
 thing in the world and I'm about to be in the air for nearly 12 hours. I know people travel international all 
the time. But, Nicki Turnbow doesn't. The exhaustion also come from saying "bye" to my husband this morning;
 I broke down.  After he left, I texted him and said, "I always realize how much I love you when I have to leave
 you." We all tell our spouses/significant others we love them, but probably more out of routine on a daily basis 
because that is what you are used to doing (I'll speak for myself I guess). But, then when you have to be apart, 
for me anyway, it reaffirms the feelings I have.

Anyway, overall, two weeks isn't long, but being in a different place, with people you don't know, and with out your 
normal "routine" (I'm a routine girl) it can make you home sick. While I'm more of a homebody, I think that this
 is going to be such a phenomenal adventure and will allow me to experience another culture, and means of living.
 So don't get me wrong, I can't wait to explore, learn, teach, and grow over these next two weeks!

I had planned on bringing my computer, but last night I decided to leave it at home. No worries though, there 
is an internet cafe about 15-20 walk from out home base. I'm going to try really hard to share with yall at least
 every other day. Plus, I want to submerge myself in the culture. I think it is going to be nice walking to and from 
the cafe (with a buddy obviously).



DSC04890.JPG



DSC04888.JPG

THANKS JEFF FOR THE BOOKS!!


Stay tuned friends!

Nicki


No comments: